Types of Communities are another way to think about communities. A few are included below.
- Exclusive Communities all have 24/7 guarded access, and rich history, a focus on nature and all of the desired amenities, including championship golf.
- Upscale Communities with architecturally rich home designs and a community lifestyle include the Exclusive Communities above plus the Islands of Beaufort, Cat Island, Pleasant Point, Coosaw Point, Celedon, New, Point, Pinkney Retreat, and Habersham.
- Town Living can be found in most Beaufort neighborhoods including the Arts District, Historic District, and City Walk. Port Royal neighborhoods are quieter. Several communities have been developed to offer the look and feel of small town neighborhood living, including Willow Point, New Point, Celedon, and Habersham.
- Golf Communities are either private with required memberships (Callawassie Island, Spring Island, Dataw Island, and Oldfield) or semi-private/public (Cat Island, Pleasant Point, and Royal Pines).
- New Home Communities – The choices of new homes include custom homes in club communities, and new-home developments in a wide range of prices.
- Boating is readily accommodated at most island communities with private docks permissible in many. An aerial view of any on-line mapping program will readily show you which ones. Community dock space may be leased at many, including Callawassie Island, Dataw Island, and Oldfield.
- Natural Habitat Communities
- To be continued…..